A slide show of my work on redbubble.com

Apr 18, 2008

New Kayak!


After struggling to grapple with a 17 ft. aluminum canoe all by myself last summer, I have finally down-sized into a small kayak (30 pounds lighter!!) which I bought last weekend. I still have my two Osage canoes for when the family agrees to go along with me. But I needed something for those solo floats! This is my first time EVER in a kayak and I would have preferred to put it in a lake for her maiden voyage, but I am impatient and got tired of sitting in it on the grass on my front lawn so I took it to the Vermillion River on Wednesday evening and "put in" for a short one mile paddle. It glides through the water so nice and quiet! I wanted to keep going but it was near dusk. I'm looking forward to more creeks and meadows as the 2008 paddling season begins!


*** The picture was taken with my husband's cell phone from the canoe that he and my son were paddling.
***I bought this kayak at Scheels in Sioux Falls. For more info and specs related to the kayak I chose to purchase you can visit this web site. http://www.hurricaneaquasports.com/santee-116-sport.html


No comments: